Friday, January 4, 2013

Lifestyle Change Journey Begins...Meet the personal trainer and member.


Hi! My name is Jodi Parnell, I am 42 years old and married with two sons ages 15 & 20 and a lifetime resident of Columbia City.  I started my personal training career later in life as I followed my life journey raising my children, working part-time unclear where life would take me.  My "lifestyle change” journey began 15 years ago after my youngest son was born.  I started taking an exercise class with a friend, which led me for the first time enjoying exercise and the desire to learn more.  I was a bonafide junk food junkie and realized I wasn’t setting a healthy example for my family.  As I searched out more education about fitness and nutrition – I was inspired and motivated to continue.  I was never that “athletic” gal, actually very introverted and shy.  After much reflection, I have realized that fitness helped open a door to confidence which allowed me to set and achieve goals and has inspired me to pursue my “passion” for helping others.  After much thought and prayer, I decided to pursue a certification as a Personal Trainer with the American Council on Exercise.  I started training at the Jorgensen & Whitley YMCA part-time while pursuing an additional certification as a “Lifestyle & Weight Management Coach” also through the American Council on Exercise.  I have been employed and working as a personal trainer for about 5 years and am working specifically at the Whitley County Family YMCA focusing on personal training and lifestyle change.  I have learned I enjoy educating and teaching others about exercise and nutrition.  Lifestyle change is a process of education and small steps, sometimes realizing that your setbacks may be as valuable as a step forward.  Life is a journey, not a destination, so do what you can one day at time!
PURPOSE OF 6 MONTH COACHING PACKAGE
This personal training package is designed to meet weekly for 1 hour – a 30 min. personal training session and 30 min. nutritional session.  Each weekly session is designed to educate and focus on progression with exercise and nutrition, creating healthier habits, and developing  lifestyle modification strategies.  Working with a Personal Trainer and Weight Management Coach can help motivate, educate and support those who are wanting to lose weight and discover a healthier, well balanced lifestyle.
LIFESTYLE COACHING COMPETITION
We have selected a current Y member who has expressed a deep desire for a Lifestyle Change.  We feel she is at the desired stage of change necessary to commit to our program.  The requirements that she will meet to reach the desired goals are:
1.       Meet for 1 hour weekly with me
2.       Commit to weekly workouts 5 days per week (a home program will also be provided)
3.       Daily nutrition journaling for weekly review
4.       Participation in this Y blog
We would like to introduce Nikki Fingerle as our 6 month Lifestyle Coaching recipient:
Nikki Fingerle lives in Roanoke with her husband Ben and their four children (twin girls age 6 ½ and two boys ages 5 and 2 ½). In addition to caring for her family, she enjoys working part-time as a Professional Organizer. Nikki has an upbeat personality and loves social activities – which almost always involve food! She has struggled with her weight since childhood. She joined the Y last fall with the goal of learning to make exercise and nutrition a priority in her (and her family’s) lifestyle. Nikki feels incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to work with Jodi in the Lifestyle Change program.     


No comments:

Post a Comment